Chicken Kebab with Turkish bread and Haydari

 

I’ve always wanted the opportunity to taste Turkish food. Now I have had the chance to taste it because I made some chicken kebab with Turkish bread and haydari, a Turkish yogurt dip. I spent about 4 hours and 10 minutes in total: 2 hours to prepare and cook, 5 minutes to clean up, 55 minutes to make the video, and 1 hour and 10 minutes to write down the recipe. The cooking process was not too difficult. I marinated the chicken in the fridge for at least 1 hour, so the chicken would have wonderful flavors when grilled. 

For the Turkish bread, I made its bread dough almost the same way as the naan bread. However, I didn’t roll the dough as thin as naan and topped the bread with some olive oil, parsley, and chili flakes. Meanwhile, I decided to use Greek yogurt for the Haydari because it was thicker compared to plain yogurt. Therefore, I didn’t have to drain it. In the end, the creamy yogurt dip went well with the smokey kebab and the Turkish bread.     



Comments

  1. The photos of all these ingredients, the process, and the final dishes are great. I'm not a cook, but they make me want to cook.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Minh's Fried Rice

Bean Thread Noodle Soup

Minh's Manhattan Clam Chowder