Minh's Mexindorocco and Fry Couscous Fusion

 

To finish up the project, I decided to make a fusion dish based on all of the dishes I have made. I named it the Mexindorocco Chicken and Fry Couscous. I spent about 4 hours and 15 minutes in total: 2 hours and 10 minutes to prepare and cook, 5 minutes to clean up, 50 minutes to make the video, and 1 hour and 10 minutes to write down the recipe. For the Mexindorocco Chicken, I marinated the chicken first with India’s tikka masala chicken marinade and refrigerated it for 1 hour to get the creamy and earthy flavor. 

Next, I make the mole sauce base by blending a chipotle pepper with chicken stock, almonds, peanuts, and tomato sauce as this would add some heat and nutty flavors to the dish. Then, I cooked the marinated chicken in a slow cooker, with the mole sauce on it, and ingredients from chicken tagine: onions, carrots, raisins, and dry apricots as it brought a sweet flavor to the dish. For the fried couscous, I used the same techniques as the Vietnamese fried rice but instead I cooked my eggs first with the shallots. Then finish it with soy sauce for some sweet and salty flavor. Overall, the flavor combination went well with each other. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minh's Fried Rice

Bean Thread Noodle Soup

Minh's Manhattan Clam Chowder