Chicken Tagine and Couscous

 

Morocco, famous for its tagine dish that is cooked in an earthenware pot. Unfortunately, I didn’t have an earthenware pot, so I decided to cook my chicken tagine dish in a slow cooker served with couscous. I spent about 3 hours and 40 minutes in total: 1 hour and 40 minutes to prepare and cook, 5 minutes to clean up, 50 minutes to make the video, and 1 hour and 5 minutes to write down the recipe. For the chicken, I decided to use bone-in thighs because when slow-cooked, the bone would give the extra flavor and the thighs would bring some more juice to the dish. 

When using the slow cooker, I set it on low so all of the flavors had time to build up from the onions, carrots, chicken, raisins, dried apricots, garlic, and seasonings. The low heat also made the chicken very tender and juicy. Meanwhile, I add in some extra ingredients like roasted bell peppers, cucumbers, butter, coriander, and paprika to the couscous to make it more colorful and flavorful. 





Comments

  1. I like that you are including the time that it takes to make things. I want to know what I'm getting into.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Minh's Fried Rice

Bean Thread Noodle Soup

Minh's Manhattan Clam Chowder