Ceviche with homemade Tortillas

 

Today, I finished my world culinary journey in South America. I decided to cook ceviche with homemade tortillas. I spent about 3 hours and 45 minutes in total: 1 hour and 40 minutes to prepare and cook, 5 minutes to clean up, 50 minutes to make the video, and 1 hour and 10 minutes to write down the recipe. The cooking process wasn’t hard, I just had to make sure to use fresh/sashimi quality shrimp and fish. Unluckily, I only got the shrimp for the ceviche today. 

First, I quickly blanched, not cooked, through my shrimps to make sure that it would be consumable. Then, I would fully submerge the chopped shrimp in lime juice with other ingredients such as diced tomatoes, onions, sliced red chili pepper, and chopped cilantro. After that, I placed the bowl in the refrigerator and let the acid of the lime juice do the cooking. At first, I was a bit nervous that this method of cooking shrimp in lime juice wouldn’t work. However, after an hour, I took my shrimp out and saw that all of my shrimp turned white, which means cooked.  It was incredible and phenomenal. I also added some more toppings like avocados and cucumbers, served with my homemade tortillas. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minh's Fried Rice

Bean Thread Noodle Soup

Minh's Manhattan Clam Chowder