Falafels with Pita bread and Hummus

 

Today I head to the Middle East for a vegetarian dish, the first in my cookbook. I cooked some falafel with pita bread and hummus. I spent about 4 hours 25 minutes in total: 2 hours and 15 minutes to prepare and cook, 5 minutes to clean up, 50 minutes to make the video, and 1 hour and 5 minutes to write down the recipe. The cooking process wasn’t meant to be too difficult, but I made it difficult for myself. I was meant to soak the chickpeas in water overnight, so it would be easier to blend with the other ingredients. 

However, I was only able to soak the chickpeas for about 8 hours and when I was making the falafel mixture, my food processor wasn't able to fully break down the chickpeas. Therefore, I had to scoop out the mixture and separate the chickpeas, so I could deal with it alone. For the falafel, I decided to cook it two ways: deep fry and bake. Unfortunately, I might have overcooked the baked one. In the end, I preferred the deep-fried falafels with pita bread and dipped in the tasty hummus that I also made. 


  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minh's Fried Rice

Bean Thread Noodle Soup

Minh's Manhattan Clam Chowder